I’m reading 100 books in 2011. The books are from authors as unlike each other as possible and from as broad a range of topics as possible. Why? There’s a bunch of reasons. Here are a few:
- I like reading. A lot.
- I want to be a better writer. Living in the land of other people’s words keeps my writing brain sharp and ever expanding.
- I love to see how an author unveils his or her big idea through a story.
- I learn from people, real or imaginary in books
- I learn a lot about how other people think through stories
- I see and feel God at work in the world through literature. Stories are made up of what is floating around in people’s heads. I see God at work in their heads and in their worlds.
- My brain needs a break from the real-life stories going on around me once in awhile.
- I love to read. A lot.
I have had a few people say to me, “How do you find time to read? How do you find time to blog?” I want to answer them with the question, “How do you find time to eat or breathe?” Reading and writing are like breathing and eating to me. I really can’t imagine not doing either. We take time for what is important enough to us.
I am 22 books into my 100 book challenge for 2011. You can follow along on Goodreads.com if you’d like. Think I can do it? I hope so!