Not A Very Good Foot Artist

Ok, so I am new to this whole rheumatoid arthritis thing.  I can not even figure out how to spell it.  I’m learning a lot sort of on the fly, as we go.  One thing I have learned is that it affects every person differently.  There is no cure.  One medicine will help one person, but another not at all.  I feel like a human guinea pig.  I hate being experimented upon, especially when it effects my energy level, (and crabbiness level!)

The thing that has struck me about this whole deal is how quickly it has all but debilitated me.  A few months ago my left foot started hurting, then my right, then my knees, shoulders, and now my wrists are killing me.  This illness certainly has the ability to be discouraging.  I can’t let it get to me. God has allowed this for a reason.  He gave this to me because for some strange reason he knew I could handle it, and he would receive glory for it.  I’m good with that.

I had to start wearing a brace on my wrist this week.  This is not happy news for me.  I use my hands all the time.  I create to live.  Art is my way of connecting with God.  I really hope he doesn’t take the ability to create with my hands away.  I am not a very good foot artist, at least I don’t think I am.

4 thoughts on “Not A Very Good Foot Artist

• June 5, 2008 at 6:55 am

Your post about your grandma got me to thinking and writing about mine. I e-mailed it to my mom and made her cry. Thanks for stirring up some wonderful memories.
    I would love to see some of your artwork. Would you post some pictures?

• June 5, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Hi Michelle,
    I understand exactly where you are coming from. I emailed your hubby yesterday to give you my phone # in case you ever needed to talk with someone who has had arthritis for almost 14 years now and know the frustration of medicines, side effects, pain (ouch!) and worries about future and what I may not be able to do that I love and also God’s reason for this in my life. So I am here for you and praying for you if you need me. mleugoud@gccwired.com Michelle

• June 5, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Hi Michelle,

• June 5, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Michelle I am praying for you. I had a young friend who had this and remember the pain she was in.