It is inevitable. They will come. Unexpected. Unannounced. You are woefully unprepared. You have one hour. Maybe two if you are lucky. The in-laws are coming, and you need to spiff up your house quick as lightning. Here are some helpful tips:
- Closets are your friend. Stuff things in closets you know they won’t look in.
- Kids are helpful. Use them. Bribe them with cash and candy.
- Ask your friends to pray for you to keep your sense of humor
- Swiffer Wet Jet is your friend.
- Cram the dish washer as full as it will go
- Hide your dirty laundry in both the washer and the dryer…yes, I have done this.
- Order take out and put it in the dishes your Mother-in-law bought you for your wedding.
- Pour bleach down your kitchen sink drain. Makes it smell like you’ve been cleaning everything.
- Make sure your kitchen towel drawer is perfectly in order. Your Mother-In-Law will check.
- Breathe. The worst thing that could happen is that they will have a worse opinion of you. You know you. You know you rock the world with your love, not your cleaning.
- Give yourself a pat on the back.
- Make the coffee.
…published this for Blissfully Domestic today. 🙂 Thanks, Caryn, for the Divine Inspiration.