5 Questions about YOU

I’ve been running around town for two weeks getting passports, visas, shots, doctor and dentist appointments, etc. to get ready for our trip to India.  I’ve barely had time to breathe, but I wanted to slow down and ask YOU a few questions.

• What are YOU doing this summer?
  • What’s on YOUR night stand?  What are you reading?
  • What is YOUR favorite breakfast cereal?
  • What is the weirdest thing YOU have ever eaten?
  • What is YOUR middle name?

Just curious.  I find myself boring sometimes.

20 thoughts on “5 Questions about YOU

• May 15, 2009 at 8:12 am

1. Hitting Texas and then a sunny California beach
    2. My small group is reading my hubby’s new book: Eyes Wide Open
    3. Special K Vanilla Almond
    4. I don’t eat weird things. I’m super picky.
    5 Nicole

• May 15, 2009 at 8:21 am

Hello,
    I’m a newbie commenter here, but I’ve been a reader for a long time.
    Anyway,
    1. What are YOU doing this summer? – My husband and I are praying about homeschooling this year. We plan to attend a conference this summer on homeschooling in our state.
    2.What’s on YOUR night stand? What are you reading? – My Life in Paris Julia Child, loving it.
    3. What is YOUR favorite breakfast cereal? – Used to be the Quaker Shredded Wheat with raisins inside, but I can’t find it anymore.
    4. What is the weirdest thing YOU have ever eaten? Don’t think I’ve had to many weird things.
    5. What is YOUR middle name? Rae

• May 15, 2009 at 8:31 am

Okay… here goes.
    1. Working
    2. Usually my blackberry is on my night stand. Reading? hmmmmm… I’ll get back with you on that.
    3. Currently it would be corn flakes, low in calories AND in our pantry.
    4. Octopus tentacle. It was very chewy.
    5. Richard
    See. Boring is relative. πŸ™‚

• May 15, 2009 at 9:13 am

1. Running two kids to summer school, (they actually wanted to go and have elected these classes) Go figure, But I love em.
    2. The Night stand holds my radio I listen to a lot of music and talk on there.
    3. “Kellogs” raisin Bran.
    4. Whale Blubber, (had a friend at Bible college he was from Alaska and his parents would send him some every month) I guesse its a delicacy up there.
    5. Paul

• May 15, 2009 at 9:51 am

1. Exploring Indy and meeting new people.
    2. The Shack. On Chesil Beach. The Bible. And of course my phone since I’m always on call.
    3. Cheerios!!! Usually can eat two big bowls in one sitting.
    4. I chewed a Sudafed one time and it was very, very gross.
    5. Elizabeth

• May 15, 2009 at 11:11 am

1. Hanging with four kids at the pool and going to do some mission work in the Yakama Reservation.
    2. The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
    3. Old fashioned oatmeal (and you thought you were boring)
    4. Ants. Tasted lemony.
    5. Marie

• May 15, 2009 at 11:16 am

1. Going to the Pacific Northwest and visiting with extended family
    2. Usually one of several car magazines
    3. Honey Bunches of Oat w/berries
    4. Many weird things over the years, the street food in the Phillipines was odd, esp “baluts”
    5. Dan

• May 15, 2009 at 12:51 pm

1. Not sleeping, changing lots of diapers, breastfeeding, and hopefully getting out of the house every once in awhile. (Our baby #2, a boy, will be born this Wednesday!)
    2. I’m reading a really lousy book right now. I don’t even remember what it’s called. I’m a voracious reader & haven’t been to the library lately, so I had to grab something off my Mom’s bookshelf – and it’s akin to a Harlequin romance. Blech. But I’m still reading it.
    3. Reese’s Puffs. YUM.
    4. Grilled octopus w/ lemon. Quite yummy, actually.
    5. Ann.

• May 15, 2009 at 1:30 pm

1.Working, teaching kids self-derense
    2. My glasses, book: Something from the nightside.
    3.for breakfast you cant beat the Capn’
    4. Aligator Burger
    5. James

• May 15, 2009 at 1:35 pm

1. Gardening, bike riding, work plus trip home to Idaho for my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary.
    2. “What Would Google Do?” “Boomer Yoga” “Outliers”
    3. homemade granola my mom makes (and still ships to me occasionally)
    4. Chocolate covered grasshopper. I don’t like bugs, and chocolate didn’t really help.
    5. John (actually called AJ in my youth).

• May 15, 2009 at 1:36 pm

1. camping & fishing & kayaking, oh my!
    2. less clutter; twilight; love dare
    3. anything fruity – fruity rice, fruity o’s (i’m an aldi girl)
    4. have to say a medium rare stk; i don’t venture too far from the norm… normal is medium well
    5. ann

• May 15, 2009 at 1:59 pm

1. Well, once I fill in our fun chart I’ll know better πŸ™‚ Otherwise, camping in the Rockies with the kids and my father-in-law
    2. Stolen Innocence
    3. Kashi Go Lean Crunch when I actually eat cereal.
    4. Weirdest thing I’ve eaten? Does drinking a gallon of pickle juice count?
    5. Jacquelyn

• May 15, 2009 at 2:36 pm

1. Nothing, except a 4th of July family trip to Michigan
    2. I don’t have a nightstand, but I am currently reading 1. Bible 2. Generosity by Gordon McDonald
    3. I don’t really eat breakfast cereal, but I LOVE it all!!!
    4. I don’t eat much weird stuff, but I drink Kale/Carrot/Red Beet Juice! πŸ™‚
    5. Lyne

• May 15, 2009 at 6:44 pm

FUN GAME! I’M RENDERING OUT THE FEED FOR THIS WEEKEND RIGHT NOW, WHICH MEANS I HAVE TO HAVE THE ALL CAPS ON. I’M NOT YELLING AT YOU. πŸ™‚
    1. WELL, I’M HOUSE/DOG SITTING FOR SOMEONE YOU MIGHT KNOW. πŸ˜› I’M ALSO GOING TO KENTUCKY TO HELP A STUDIO DOWN THERE WITH A BIG CHURCH DIRECTORY SHOOT, AND I GET TO GO TO THE WILLOW CREEK ARTS CONFERENCE IN JUNE!
    2. CURRENTLY, MY NIGHT STAND HAS A BOX OF TISSUES. I’VE BEEN WATCHING A SERIES OF VERY GIRLY, MUSHY MOVIES FROM HALLMARK.
    3. FAVORITE BREAKFAST CEREAL HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE LUCKY CHARMS. I SAVE ALL THE MARSHMALLOWS FOR LAST.
    4. I ONCE ATE CAT FOOD FOR FIVE BUCKS AT YOUTH GROUP. THAT WEEK, I LEARNED ABOUT PEER PRESSURE. πŸ™‚
    5. LEE. WHICH SOUNDS RESPECTABLE UNTIL YOU SAY IT WITH MY FULL FIRST NAME, RICHELLE.

• May 16, 2009 at 11:52 am

1.working I hope,camping
    2.The Shack(AMAZING)and Bad Girls of the Bible
    3.Special K
    4.Octopus
    5.Joan

• May 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm

What are YOU doing this summer? Going to DC for a conference and then to Alabama to visit friends.
    What’s on YOUR night stand? A fan, my phone and eyeglasses and pictures of my kids.
    What are you reading? “Eye’s Wide Open” by Lori’s hubby (its on my nightstand also).
    What is YOUR favorite breakfast cereal? I don’t eat cereal because I don’t like milk. Well every once in a while I eat froot loops with vanilla icecream.
    What is the weirdest thing YOU have ever eaten? I’m pretty picky, but when I was a kid I loved butter with sugar (you know the cake stuff before the flour and eggs go in). LOL, you did ask!
    What is YOUR middle name? Maria (my mom gave me her name in spanish. I actually have two middle names, the second one is Gayle which is my grandmothers maiden name.

• May 18, 2009 at 10:43 pm

I’m finally getting the chance to catch up on blogs after a week of concerts and one awesome high school girls’ retreat. So here we go…
    1. 2, possibly 3, weeks of camp. VBS with my parents church. Chicag09. NOT teaching band.
    2. Focusing on Bible study right now. Hebrews for camp. Proverbs for mentoring/studying with a GSM student. James with the Chicag09 team. And Psalms for personal study.
    3. Crispex – completely wheat-free
    4. Wheat-free communion bread
    5. Carol
    Too much info about me. I know.

• May 19, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hey Michelle! I’ve been out of town, but wanted to participate in your fun questions. Doesn’t everyone want to talk about themselves?! πŸ™‚ Anyway, here we go . . .
    What are YOU doing this summer? I’m taking care of my kids, as I always do. Each one has something special (camps, missions trips) to look forward to. We’re also taking a college road trip to Williamsburg and Washington D.C. which should be fun.
    What’s on YOUR night stand? What are you reading? I’m in the middle of “Grace-Based Parenting” by Tim Kimmell. Great book.
    What is YOUR favorite breakfast cereal? Hmmm. I don’t have one favorite–I like them all.
    What is the weirdest thing YOU have ever eaten? I’m not an adventurous eater AT ALL. I would die of starvation in India, that’s for sure.
    What is YOUR middle name? Marie. Same as my grandmother, my mother, and my middle daughter.

• June 12, 2009 at 6:02 am

I know its late but I’m one of those outsider people who used to go to your church (way back to early atrium days!) and I’ve got insomnia!!
    1. Waiting, waiting, waiting for my husband to get back from deployment. Then, possibly, NEW ZEALAND! For a MUCH needed vacation after going such a long time without communication
    2. Right now? A few things >.< Some of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, Email to the Front by Allesia Holliday (another Navy wife's correspondences through deployments) and I'm currently reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer
    3. Honey Bunches of Oats or Honey Nut Clusters to eat. Count Chocula for fun because my husband looks like him ^_^
    4. Living overseas with the military: probably fetal chickens. I forget what they're called but its chicken eggs that are boiled and have baby chickens in them. Gross, but tasty. Or li Hing Mui. Definitely tastes gross. I do plan on trying dog meat one of these days. Horrible, I know, but when in Rome..
    5.Nicole

• June 12, 2009 at 6:12 am

I just realized someone else posted baluts! I was like, sounds familiar, and googled it and SURE ENOUGH!
    If its too late sometimes you get a hard beak >.<