You Asked

Rob and I celebrated our 17 year anniversary last week. I realize that 17 years most likely sounds like an eternity to those of you who have just been married few years, or are dating, engaged, or not even thinking about that yet. I also realize that anyone who has been married more than 17 years has an entirely different perspective than I do, and our time married is like a drop in the bucket compared to however long you’ve been married.

But, I do think that we’ve learned some stuff along the way. Our circumstances are unique, but aren’t everyone’s?

I want to know what you want to know about our marriage. Got any questions? I’d love to hear them and field them as best as possible.

One thought on “You Asked

• March 21, 2010 at 4:15 pm

If you only had $15.OO to spend and it was date night where or what would you do??

Posted by: Susan | March 19, 2010 at 09:01 AM

Name one thing that you disagree on.

Posted by: Susan | March 19, 2010 at 09:06 AM

I’m impressed by your asking this. Instead of railing against living inside a fishbowl, you’re inviting *more* questions with a goal of transparency and helping others. My question then: How have you been able to carve time out just for the two of you and keep the relationship strong with such such great kids?

Posted by: Larry Baxter | March 19, 2010 at 09:29 AM

How do you handle being the “neighborhood mom”? I guess that this isn’t so much marriage related but just curious because it seems like in the summer that is what happens here too.

Jenny Johnson

Posted by: Jennifer Johnson | March 19, 2010 at 09:36 AM

How are you able to keep your identity and not just be Pastor Rob’s wife? I am studying to be a pastor and I assume my wife will face many of the same things you have faced. I love her very much and don’t want her identity too get lost in the shuffle. I assume part of it is my responsibility to put focus back on her whenever possible.

Posted by: Brian Burris | March 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM

My question is the same one posted by Brian Burris about how you are able to keep your identity and not just be Pastor Rob’s wife ect…

Posted by: seth bible | March 19, 2010 at 09:27 PM

What is the biggest challenge your marriage has ever faced and how did you overcome it together?

How has your marriage lived up to your expectations of what it would be like 17 years ago, when you were engaged?

What advice would you give a couple considering marriage? Or a couple who has been married 5 years and has 1 toddler and 2 baby girls? 🙂

In what practical ways do you build hedges around your marriage?

okay, that’s it… 🙂 Always love to learn from strong Christian couples.

Posted by: Delina | March 19, 2010 at 10:17 PM