As the school year draws to a close for our older girls, we had some funny conversation over dinner last night. I am saving this photo for any time in the future I may be tempted to allow them to have sugar or caffeine:
Notice Whitney under the table laughing hysterically and Maddie choking on her chip.
Some of the things we discussed:
- 4th and 5th grade girls can beat boys at tug-o-war
- 4th and 5th grade girls can run faster than boys
- There is a sad realization that these are their last years at being able to be faster and stronger than their boy peers.
- 4th and 5th grade girls fight a lot.
Some things Rob and I have learned from raising these two tweens:
- They are more fun now than ever
- They are clever, funny, smart, and think they are smarter than us most days (and most days I wonder…)
- Parenting tweens is harder than potty training, teething, and toddler tantrums put together
- Parenting tweens (especially our own) is the most fun thing we’ve ever done.
I love my crazy girls. They keep me on my toes, even when my toes hurt. For that, I’m grateful.