Since you are here on my blog, I think it must mean that you care about me and/or my family to some degree. Because of this, I am asking you pray for us while we are in India.
Here are some very practical things you can pray for while we are in India.
- The Plane Ride—I dread this more than anything. I have rheumatoid arthritis, which is made worse by not moving. Pray for a pain-free plane ride both ways (this is asking for a miracle)
- Pray for Maddie, Whitney and Belle to rest peacefully on the flights, and be content in finding things to do in their seat for the 9 hour, then 13 hour flights. ( 9 hours Chicago to London, then 13 London to Chennai, India)
- Jet Lag. Pray that all of us make the “flip” quickly.
- Health. Last summer, Belle was so sick, we had to take her to a hospital in India. This was very traumatic for her. Pray we can manage any sickness’ on our own, or better yet, pray no one gets sick at all.
- Power. Pray that God gives us a spirit of Power when we are serving and ministering to the people.
- Good ears. Pray God gives us Indian ears, so we can hear the stories, write them down, and share them with the rest of the world.
- Peace-Belle had a freak-out moment today when she realized we’d be leaving Ellie our dog for a few weeks. The trip was hardest on her last time, because of all the cultural change. Pray that all 3 girls live in a spirit of peace and contentment every day we are there.
- The Rest of the Team-3 other team members are going along. Gene Ort, Ron Zimmerman, and Jeanna Tripp. Jeanna will be helping me with the girls, doing crafts with the kids in the villages, etc., Gene and Ron will be capturing the stories of our Indian friends through video and photography.
You are as much a part of this team as we are if you hold us up in prayer. I am under no illusions. This is going to be a tough trip, but rewarding more than words can say. I can’t believe we get to do this…it’s what I’m made for. We appreciate your prayers more than words can say.