Healing Rain

Michelle and Latha

Meet Latha.  She is 35, and I am 37.  We have some things in common, like she’s a Mom, a wife, she loves Jesus…but the stories she told us about her past have left me shuddering in pain for her.  Her life has been difficult beyond words.  It took her a few hours to tell her story, and it was almost as if I could see the pain and tension lifting from her face as she told the story of God’s redeeming work in her life.  I am amazed and humbled at what God is doing in her life.  She and her husband have given everything to God, and live their days to serve Him.

It rained this morning.  It is the first time I ever remember it raining here.  Raj said there has been no rain for 3 months here.  He told Rob there is a saying that goes something like, “When good people come to a village, it rains”.  We are not sure which of us is qualified to be “good enough” to clam that title, but I am sure that it has something to do with the power of God’s presence that goes before us.

I can’t help but think that the rain that came this morning was part of God’s message.  Healing rain for Latha.

4 thoughts on “Healing Rain

• June 6, 2010 at 7:32 am

Healing rain for Latha? I agree. But also a blessing following those who are being obedient to the call of God on their lives in a way only God can bless…for His good and His glory!

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and adding the beautiful extra touches of your brushstroke words that light the pictures up and make them come alive. They are stirring my heart with anticipation of your next post.

Prayers going up for you and yours! May you sleep a quieter sleep tonight…

Much love….Amy

• June 6, 2010 at 9:37 am

Awesome. Once again, thanks Michelle for taking us along on this journey!

• June 6, 2010 at 11:14 am

Praise the Lord Mam!

Visit our places in South India /Andhra Pradesh where you can see many people who had left almost everything and serving the Lord with hunger.

There is a Pastor called Abraham in our place who used to work as an real estate agent,He is one of the richest person in a village.When god had spoken with him that “if i ask your life in this night what would you do with your wealth” after that immediately he had given all his wealth to the poor and started to preach the gospel and now without taking food for 2 or 3 days he is preaching the word of god and through him many miracles were been done and many people came to know about Christ too.

I would like you to meet such pastors and increase their faith in God.

Thank you.

• June 6, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Oh boy, sniff sniff…heaven’s tears and healing rain for Latha – and everyone in that village. What a beautifully tangible display of God’s presence to those people!