How we ever got such beautiful girls, I’ll never know. I think God x’ed out all the bad traits that Rob and I have and left all three girls with the best. Maddie is 12 today. I remember being 12 like it was yesterday. When I was 12, I met Rob for the first time. My life-long pet Akita Shojo died. I had a teacher that strongly resembled a witch in every scary way. I liked the Smurfs and started liking boys. I loved Jesus and loved my family.
I’m reflecting on Maddie’s life today. Rob and I are so proud to be her parents. Here are twelve amazing things about Maddie that you might not know.
- Maddie has always been extremely intelligent. For the first time this year, we see her actively perusing her education with passion. Refer back to what I said about liking the Smurfs at twelve.
- She’s an avid reader. She whips through books quicker than anyone I’ve seen. This we do have in common.
- She loves fashion. She is modest in the way she dresses by choice. I love this about her.
- Maddie is a great big sister. She cares very much about Belle and Whitney, and tries very hard to help them however and whenever she can.
- She’s a great daughter. She rarely gets in trouble.
- Maddie has a tremendous sense of humor. I love to hear her laugh.
- She’s super mature for her age. Maddie thinks about stuff most adults don’t.
- Maddie has a very unique world view considering her 3 trips to India. If she hears someone complaining about what they don’t have, it’s hard for her to get past that.
- She’s an introvert like me. She loves people, but needs quiet to recharge.
- She is a loyal friend.
- Her future husband will need to have a side job to afford all the techy stuff she likes (cameras, iPods,computers, etc.)
- She has a strong leadership gift. I can see her being a leader of leaders someday.
If you know Maddie, you probably love her. Leave her a Birthday wish in the comments…She will love it!
photo by: brittani renee