Enough

j0424351

The kids are clinging to you and fighting with each other.  The socks are piling up and none of them match.  It’s hot out and no one wants to go out and play.  The milk spills, and the dog walks through it onto the white carpeting.  You’ve said it.  I’ve said it.  I’ve said it probably more times than you.

I’m Done

I’m finished

I’ve had it.

I can’t take it anymore.

But I’m learning that that’s not true.  I canYou can

Corrie Ten Boom, who was a Holocaust survivor, said it so well, “There is no pit that is so deep that God is not deeper still.”  Corrie survived the horror of concentration camp life.  She witnessed atrocities around her every day, every minute.  She held on to Jesus and found that He was indeed enough for her.

To go on

to finish

to take more…

There is no end to God’s grace.

If Corrie did it, we can too.  Our day to day issues, worries and struggles are no match to what she went through.  God promised her, and promises us that:

He began a good work in us and will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. “Philippians 1:6

His grace is deeper than we know.  I’m going to practice NOT saying things like, “I’ve had enough” for awhile.

9 thoughts on “Enough

• March 3, 2011 at 8:56 am

Again, such a good reminder. I’ve said those words many more times than I should’ve…especially given my blessed circumstances. Reading “Those Who Save Us” has shown me again how easy I have it and how my perspective needs to change…after all, attitude is a choice.

• March 3, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Those Who save us did the same thing for me Megan. What a book!

• March 3, 2011 at 10:39 am

all i can say through tears at this moment is “thank you” for reminding me that Yes, He is enough.

• March 3, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I know you know that Amy. Good to see the faith you have in Jesus. It really inspires me.

• March 3, 2011 at 9:30 pm

This Corrie ten Boom quote is one of my favorites of all time, and The Hiding Place one of the most inspirational books ever. Thanks for the wake-up call. Jesus IS enough!!

• March 7, 2011 at 9:55 am

Lori, The Hiding Place is my favorite book of all time. 🙂

• March 4, 2011 at 6:31 am

I still haven’t started Those Who Save Us! Too many books, too little time 🙂 Reading Share the Well right now so it will have to wait 🙂

• March 7, 2011 at 9:54 am

Thanks Stephanie. You are a great Mommy already because you are hanging on to Jesus!