A Week’s Worth of Worry

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday

It’s a big week! There is a lot to worry about, and a lot I know I need to turn over to the One who is in charge of it all in the first place.

I’ve been watching a mole on Whitney’s forehead that has suddenly turned ugly. We’re taking her in to have it looked at. Isabelle has been having severe stomach pain since June, so we are taking her to a special kids doctor in Grand Rapids later this week to have her tummy checked out. We’ve been dealing with mean middle school girls on and off all school year. I’m trying to help my girls what it means to be a mean girl, why they can be so mean, and sometimes how THEY are the mean girl—a hard lesson to both teach and learn (thanks mom for showing me when I was the mean girl).

With all of this on my plate, I am starting this week with gratitude for all we have, and a deep breath. I know my Redeemer lives, He’s alive, He’s around me, He’s got all this. It’s comforting to know, really.

What’s on your worry plate this week? Leave it here in a comment and I’ll pray for you. Leave it with Jesus and He’ll comfort you.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

5 thoughts on “A Week’s Worth of Worry

• March 7, 2011 at 11:45 am

For all that you and the family are going through you always are reaching out to others and wanting to pray for them. Michelle, I want you to know that I will be praying for you a lot this week anf those to come.

• March 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm

WOW! That is a lot to “not” worry about. Thankful that we have a God who has it all in His hands. What a tough “talk” to give to the middle school aged girl(s). I am so glad that your mom gave you that talk, and you can pass on her/your wisdom. Hope it sinks in deep! I’d like you to pray for me (my mental health). I am feeling unmotivated to “do” anything. Lots of things are being pushed to the side and nothing is getting done. (Spring Fever?!?!) We have clean clothes and food on the table, but the house is a wreck and I don’t want to go exercise! Thanks for praying.

• March 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I needed to read this today!! Please pray for my son. He had some blood tests come back that are pretty scarey. We have a doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss the results and treatment steps. I’m trying to not think about (or google) the worst case scenarios, but the worry… OY!! I hope Belle receives awesome treatment in GR. Is she going to DeVos? They are awesome. Thanks, Michelle

• March 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I will keep you all in my prayers. God is always totally and unbelievably faithful, isn’t he? My current worries are relational in nature–I truly want to treat others as Christ would, yet some relationships remind me how unChristlike my nature really is. I really want to reflect Christ, no matter how “human” I feel in any given situation.

• March 8, 2011 at 3:23 am

Give less to the enemy & more to God. Hear less from the enemy & tune in more to God. Worry less about the life ahead of me & live more in the present life God shares w/ me.