Photos with brittani in chicago

4thPresFam

One of the amazing things we got to do a few weeks ago on our Spring Break mini-vacation to Chicago was a family photo shoot with the ever-fabulous BrittaniRenee. She is a wonderful family friend, and I have to say, this was the most fun photo shoot we have ever done as a family.  The girls were cooperative (littlest is a huge ham, but normally detests standing still for photos).  They really did great.  It was freezing in the shade, but we made them take their coats off to show off our matching gray sweaters with colorful t-shirts underneath.  They were so funny–jumping up and down, huffing and puffing to keep warm.  We were lucky enough to stumble past the Hershey’s store on Michigan Ave. to get some much needed hot cocoa.

The photos you see are just sneak previews of a bunch of really neat ones to come.  I can’t decide on a favorite, although the one above may be inching up toward the top of my list. It was taken at the Fourth Presbyterian church directly across from Water Tower Place. I used to go sit in that courtyard and pray when I lived in the city. It was a quiet place, one of the only quiet places I could find, and I loved it.  I did a whole lot of thinking and writing there, so it was pretty special to take our family there to get some pictures!

If you need a photographer, Brittani is amazing. For real!

StreetFam2 This is one of the last pics we took that day. I had to hold Belle because she wouldn’t quit pinching Maddie.  Shhh…don’t tell her I told you so.

Street1

4thPres

5 thoughts on “Photos with brittani in chicago

• April 18, 2011 at 10:41 am

Great photos! You and your girls are so beautiful. AND they’re great girls…good job. 🙂

• April 19, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I love the picture of just the girls (all of them, but especially). Something tells me their poses are indicative of their personalities??

• April 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm

You got it Samantha. Silly, Sassy, & Sweet 🙂

• April 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Love the beautiful photos of your family – your girls are so amazing!!! Feel as though I know them quite well – even though I’ve never met them – you should be very proud of them!!! You and Rob have done an amazing job of raising these beautiful girls!!!

You mentioned going to the Fourth Presbyterian Church courtyard when you lived in the city to sit and pray because it was a quiet place. I worked in the Loop for many years on South Michigan Avenue and the place I would go to when I wanted a quiet place was the garden area on the south side of the Art Institute, a lovely peaceful spot with flowering trees and fountains. Spent many hours there reading and meditating, enjoying the quiet in the midst of a noisy and busy city!!!

• April 20, 2011 at 8:00 am

Janis, I know exactly the spot where you are talking about by the Art Institute. I’d wander down there every now and then 🙂