There are only FOUR more school wake up days until summer is here! Our family cannot wait, since four out of five of us treasure our pillows and sleep. Apart from sleeping, we have a lot of plans ahead! Here are just a few:
- Rob and I will be going on a prayer/reflection retreat in Colorado
- Maddie and Whit are at Springhill middle school camp.
- Belle gets to go hang out with Grandma’s, Grandpa’s and cousins in Chicago
- Ellie the dog gets to hang out with all her dog buddies at her favorite dog hotel in town
- Belle is so excited to go to Springhill Day camp at GCC with her best buddies. (she keeps telling them WE GET TO YELL IN THE HALLWAYS AT CHURCH!)
- We get a “staycation” at the end of June together as a family
- We are pulling the plug on cable on our at home televisions. When I walked in on my girls watching “Kid Killers” the other day, it sealed the deal. Plus, we will save about a hundred dollars a month.
- Limiting “Screen Time” for the kiddies overall. One hour of reading gets them an hour on the computer or their iPods.
- Maddie is going on a Mission trip to Chicago with GSM and Whit is going on a local mission trip. So proud of them both.
- Cash for books–if the girls read “selected” books that Rob and I think would help develop their little minds a bit more than “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” books, we pay them per book
- We are spending the last week of July at Hilton Head, SC. None of us have ever been there, so we are excited!
Mostly, we are looking forward to the low key days with not much agenda. I love having my kids home in the summer. I am sad by all the parents on Facebook or Twitter that are already complaining about “having kids around” all summer. There is nothing I enjoy more than a houseful of kids. We are jumping in to summer and we can’t wait!
Do you have any plans for this summer? I’d love to hear what they are and where your adventures will take you!