I’ve been talking lots about my 100 books read this year. As of today, my Goodreads.com page says I’m at 110 books, but who’s counting? The question I have gotten the most is: How in the world do you find time to read? The question is a good one, relavant, but always makes me scratch my head in wonder. My question back is usually, “How do you find time NOT to read?” I honestly can’t imagine not reading, so it is perplexing to me. With so many free books available through the library, Kindle, e-readers, etc., reading has become more available than any time in history. I’d say 70% of the books on my list were either from the library, free on Kindle, or less than $5.
With all of that said, here are some things I do to fit
reading around my day . my day around reading.
- After all three girlies are on the bus, I sit with a cup of coffee and read before I start my daily activities.
- I carry my Kindle with me in my purse so I can choose the “text to voice” option through my van radio.
- I wear headphones while shopping so I can listen to a book. This has made the whole shopping process a whole lot more fun. I hate shopping.
- I take a little bit after lunch and before Belle gets off the bus to read.
- If the book is really interesting, I literally carry it around the house with me and read a few paragraphs as I’m emptying the dishwasher, folding laundry, or vacuuming. Yes, this is all possible. 🙂
- I read before bed.
That’s it. Reading is super important to me, so I make it happen. Does that answer the question?