And so the frantic-ness of December begins. Here’s what ours has looked like so far…only 3 days in:
- been to Walmart, bought presents for our nephews that they already have …must face Walmart again to return them
- bought shoes for myself yesterday that need to be returned…must face the mall again. sigh.
- have bundled up the girls every morning and sent them out to a frozen tundra wrapped in scarves, poofy coats, snow boots, and mittens
- rehearsed lines and songs for 3 Christmas performances for 3 girls that will happen over 3 days
- replaced Christmas tights that already have holes in them
- completed 1-3 hours of 3rd and 4th grade homework per night.
- still wondering how I am ever going to get my super-secret project for my parents done
- trying to catch my breath and breathe in the beauty of the season…
I need a few minutes to be still. When I find them, I am going to thank Jesus for coming to this earth to bring us hope and life. Then I am going to take a nap.