I know what it’s like to be the middle child. I have been one all my life. I so related to the Brady Bunch episode when Jan got a special necklace from Alice because she knew what it was like to be the middle child. I felt Jan’s pain. Not only was I the middle child, but the only girl. I have two older brothers and one younger. Thank goodness they all have wives now and I am not so alone in my femininity.
Whitney is my middle child. I don’t know what’s harder, having all brothers and being in the middle, or all sisters and being in the middle. I know it’s probably too close to call.
Whitney has been asking me to do a blog post about her, and I have a feeling it has a bit to do w/her sister getting A LOT of attention this week from the neck brace she has to wear everywhere she goes. So, Here’s 10 of 10,000,000 reasons I think Whitney is amazing.
- Loves Jesus with everything in her.
- Is a fiercely loyal friend.
- Is all about justice.
- Still loves to cuddle and hug her Mom and Dad.
- Frequently tries to sneak wildlife into the house to “rescue” them. (Strangely, I found a grasshopper leg the size of my hand on the kitchen counter the other day.)
- Is amazingly creative.
- Has extraordinary capabilities to love the unlovable.
- Has more courage than most adults I know.
- Gives an amazing back rub. (We affectionately call her “Magic Fingers.”)
- Can ALWAYS make me smile.